Petersham Properties has now rebranded to AVENUE, avenueproperty.com with an enlarged collection and added many more properties and experiences. We have a beautiful new website, please click through to see our collection.
This stunning Austrian mansion was refurbished by owner and award winning, Austrian designer and interior decorator Giunto Schalkenberg in a classical style.
Due to the lack motorways and general industrialism nearby, the area is one of the most unspoiled, unpolluted and cleanest areas in central Europe.
Ground Floor: Sala terrena, dining room, drawing room with open fire place, kitchen, etc.
First floor: Two bedrooms with en suite bathrooms, wardrobe room, library, Grand Salon with open fireplace.
The (heated) swimming pool area is built and furnished in the Moroccan style, whilst the vast garden is equipped with 12 lounges and multiple dining areas.
One and a half hours from Vienna in the south east of Austria.
All staff; housekeeping, chefs etc. can be arranged at an extra cost.
1) relaxing in the tranquil, rural pannonian landscape, the average temperature is about 5 degrees warmer than in the rest of austria, there is, due to the influence of the pannonian plain, very little rain.
2) hiking/jogging, biking( You can jog for two hours without meeting a single person); after exercise enjoy a massage at our pool lounge
3) take an art course in painting or drawing at our house
4) golf (several championship courses nearby, all a famous golf school), hickory golf is also offered, the special clubs and outfits can be provided
5) horse riding /western riding (also: a two horse pulled carriage will take the guests to an idyllic picnic place )
6) swimming (in our pool and a lake nearby); there are also several spas with hot springs nearby
7) sightseeing ( castles and medival towns)- trips to visit other castles and their owners can be arranged
8) wine tasting (special themes can be arranged); also specially themed luncheon or dinner parties with meeting the local gentry can be arranged, if desired.
Also exclusive wedding meals can be provided at request (up to about 40 persons)
9) learn how to fly at our small local airport with an aviation school
10) play games: in our garden, there is a boule pitch, badminton, clock golf, 2 pitching and chipping areas, 2 putting greens and two sand bunkers
Setting of the House
The house is set in a 10 acres privat park, half of it fenced. It is very secluded, not visible from the street.
Adjoining we have a forest, which is partially privat.